Press Release Archives
- Join a Labor Day Celebration!
- Public Employee Representatives to Discuss Sweeping PEIA Legislation
- Workers Will Rally for Fair Treatment at Italian Opera-Themed Tecnocap Celebration
- Ceremony Thursday to honor WV workers who died on the job
- WV AFL-CIO Holds 30th Constitutional Convention
- Teamsters at Bluefield WV Coca Cola Distribution Center Reach Agreement for a New Contract Avoiding a Strike
- Union members will rally Thursday to urge Sen. Capito to support PRO Act
- Public Employees Launch Legal Challenge of Paycheck Bill
- Workers Memorial Event | Wednesday, April 28th
- Statement from West Virginia AFL-CIO President Josh Sword on Sen. Joe Manchin’s Co-Sponsorship of the Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act
- WV AFL-CIO: Gayle Manchin knows Appalachia
- WV AFL-CIO: Legislative leaders using COVID restrictions to shut out public
- Teamsters at AHF Products Ratify Agreement
- The WV AFL-CIO celebrates Labor Day
- Union representatives commemorate National Correctional Officers & Employees Week
- WV AFL-CIO's Annual Workers Memorial Service Tuesday
- WV AFL-CIO rescinds endorsement of Justice Hutchison
- West Virginia AFL-CIO Endorses Isaac Sponaugle for Attorney General
- West Virginia AFL-CIO Endorses Bob Beach for State Agriculture Commissioner
- WV AFL-CIO invites all West Virginians to celebrate working people this weekend
- WV AFL-CIO, UMWA President Cecil Roberts, local labor leaders to honor those who died on the job
- Teamsters Local 175 joins West Virginia AFL-CIO
- West Virginia unions celebrate legal victory for working families
- Education Group Coalition to Hold Press Conference
- 38th Annual Food Drive
CHARLESTON, W.Va. – The West Virginia AFL-CIO along with the Southwestern District Labor Council, the Kanawha Valley Labor Council, the West Virginia Democratic Party, West Virginia Citizen Action Group, and other organizations will hold a push-back rally on Friday, September 26, 2014 to demonstrate to outsiders like Americans for Prosperity and the Koch Brothers that West Virginia’s 3rd Congressional District is NOT FOR SALE. The rally will be held outside the West VirginiaStateMedical Association, 4307 MacCorkle Avenue, SE Charleston, WV 25364. The Executive Director of the West Virginia Medical Association is Evan Jenkins, who is challenging Congressman Nick Joe Rahall in the 3rd Congressional District race in West Virginia.
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Today, West Virginia AFL-CIO President Kenny Perdue released the following statement in honor of Labor Day 2014, before appearing at the Marmet Labor Day Parade and the 76th Annual UMWA Labor Day Celebration and picnic in Racine.
"Working men and women are the backbone of this country's economy. This Labor Day it is important that we take time to honor all those workers who fought for the rights and benefits we enjoy today. These rights weren't simply handed to West Virginia workers. They had to be fought for from the coal mines, to the steel mills, to construction sites all over West Virginia and this nation. As President of the West Virginia AFL-CIO, I have never been more proud to stand up for the working men and women of this great State."
Commemorating the 1920 passage of the 19th Amendment to the Constitution granting women the right to vote and questioning Congresswoman Capito's commitment to West Virginia women
Charleston, W.Va. - Today, West Virginia AFL-CIO President Kenny Perdue will join the Alliance for Retired Americans, the American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees, West Virginia Citizen's Action Group, and other organizations to rally for Women's Equality Day and highlight Congresswoman Capito's votes against West Virginia women. The event will take place at 5:30 p.m. outside of Congresswoman Capito's Charleston office (4815 MacCorkle Avenue, SE). Kenny Perdue released the following statement: