- Cutting Earned Unemployment Benefits is Wrong
- WV AFL-CIO devastated at sudden passing of former President Kenneth Perdue
- A statement from West Virginia AFL-CIO President Josh Sword regarding Senator Joe Manchin’s decision to not seek re-election to the U.S. Senate
- Join a Labor Day Celebration!
- Ceremony Friday to honor WV workers who died on the job
- Teamster Members Unanimously Authorize Strike At Coke
- The PEIA Cost Shifting Bill (aka SB 268)
- Public Employee Representatives to Discuss Sweeping PEIA Legislation
- Union leaders’ statement on Senate PEIA bill
- Workers Will Rally for Fair Treatment at Italian Opera-Themed Tecnocap Celebration
- A celebration of former WV AFL-CIO President Jim Bowen's life Sunday
- A statement from Mike Caputo regarding the passing of Jim Bowen
- Former WV AFL-CIO President Jim Bowen Passes Away
- This Labor Day weekend, celebrate the momentum of working people
- A statement from West Virginia AFL-CIO President Josh Sword regarding the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022
- Ceremony Thursday to honor WV workers who died on the job
- 2022 AFL-CIO Convention - In Memoriam
- IUPAT DC 53 HOLDING PROTEST MONDAY
- WV AFL-CIO Holds 30th Constitutional Convention
- United Food Operation Food Drive Kickoff Friday
- A statement from West Virginia AFL-CIO President Josh Sword on Senator Joe Manchin’s position on the Build Back Better Act
- IUPAT DC 53 Hosting Open House for National Apprenticeship Week
- Honor and Celebrate the Labor Movement this Weekend
- Teamsters at Bluefield WV Coca Cola Distribution Center Reach Agreement for a New Contract Avoiding a Strike
- A statement regarding the passing of AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka
CHARLESTON, W.Va. – The West Virginia AFL-CIO along with the Southwestern District Labor Council, the Kanawha Valley Labor Council, the West Virginia Democratic Party, West Virginia Citizen Action Group, and other organizations will hold a push-back rally on Friday, September 26, 2014 to demonstrate to outsiders like Americans for Prosperity and the Koch Brothers that West Virginia’s 3rd Congressional District is NOT FOR SALE. The rally will be held outside the West VirginiaStateMedical Association, 4307 MacCorkle Avenue, SE Charleston, WV 25364. The Executive Director of the West Virginia Medical Association is Evan Jenkins, who is challenging Congressman Nick Joe Rahall in the 3rd Congressional District race in West Virginia.
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Today, West Virginia AFL-CIO President Kenny Perdue released the following statement in honor of Labor Day 2014, before appearing at the Marmet Labor Day Parade and the 76th Annual UMWA Labor Day Celebration and picnic in Racine.
"Working men and women are the backbone of this country's economy. This Labor Day it is important that we take time to honor all those workers who fought for the rights and benefits we enjoy today. These rights weren't simply handed to West Virginia workers. They had to be fought for from the coal mines, to the steel mills, to construction sites all over West Virginia and this nation. As President of the West Virginia AFL-CIO, I have never been more proud to stand up for the working men and women of this great State."
Commemorating the 1920 passage of the 19th Amendment to the Constitution granting women the right to vote and questioning Congresswoman Capito's commitment to West Virginia women
Charleston, W.Va. - Today, West Virginia AFL-CIO President Kenny Perdue will join the Alliance for Retired Americans, the American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees, West Virginia Citizen's Action Group, and other organizations to rally for Women's Equality Day and highlight Congresswoman Capito's votes against West Virginia women. The event will take place at 5:30 p.m. outside of Congresswoman Capito's Charleston office (4815 MacCorkle Avenue, SE). Kenny Perdue released the following statement: